Thursday, December 21, 2017

MY DECEMBER FAVORITES


Hello guys! I've been loving these products so much and I thought I'd share it with you. As my skin is super sensitive to most of the skin care products that have high rates on the market I was absolutely hesitated to try out Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II by Estee Lauder.

SKIN CARE

Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Serum (shop here)

To be honest, I didn't see much result for the first week of using this and I was quite disappointed but I didn't want to give up and was continuously using it AND you know what? I started to see changes in my skin. My complexion was brightened, skin texture slowly became even and most importantly very hydrated. I was super HAPPY because most of the times, I end up with bad reaction and lots of bumps and redness on my skin. This time this MAGICAL product actually worked its magic on my skin. Now my skin is super soft, bright and healthy.
The consistency of the serum is, I'd describe it's quite watery and slightly yellow in color. It absorbs into the skin quickly but you still be able to feel the hydration - if that makes any sense at all. You know, sometimes, the quick absorbing products feel so dry on the skin. Specially the mattifying ones. I feel like they don't provide enough hydration and I also don't like the sticky moisturizers. I just can't stand the feeling of the sticky texture and tend to be itchy. (Shown on the left)

Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Eye (shop here)

As I was satisfied with the serum, I decided to try out their eye serum. I must say, these two products work very well together. I think they compliment each other and since they're in the same line, they supposed to work magically together right? I'm so obsessed with the eye serum as well. It gives so much hydration and my under eye areas started to look much healthier. I never thought It would make that much difference but it did. I don't have any wrinkles or fine lines around my eyes (knocking the wood) haha, I wanted to prevent any future signs of aging on my skin. I mean, hydration is key to any skin care routine and we all must not forget that too. (Shown on the right)

Overall, I highly recommend these products to anyone. Even if you have a sensitive skin as mine, just give it a try. You will not regret. Trust me girls.






LIP PRODUCTS

Urban Decay - Vice Lipstick (shop here)

I can't believe I've never tried any lip product from Urban Decay because I love using their Eye Primer Potion and the eye shadows so much. I was shopping at Boots back in October when I was in Korea looking for a new lipstick. I was trying out Mac lipsticks first, swatching so many shades spent half an hour, walking around the shelfs but I couldn't find the shade I was looking for. I was in hunt for everyday nude-ish pink lip color that would compliment my warm complexion. I finally made my way to the Urban Decay display and immediately found this lip color called " Backtalk" in their comfort matte range. I 100% agree that it's super comfortable on the lips and every time when I apply it I feel that it hydrates my lips but it's matte! Crazy, right? I don't know how matte lipstick supposed to hydrate the lips but weirdly it does.

The Saem - Lip liner (shop here)

The Saem is Korean skin care and makeup brand. After I bought my lipstick I looked for lip liner that could go together for my every day makeup look and under any lipstick and lipgloss I use. Finding a everyday lip liner is as hard as finding a lipstick. I went to several beauty stores and couldn't find the one I was looking for and finally I decided to pop into this Korean store and evetually found this lovely lip liner by The Saem. I guess, I have a good relationship with this brand. I think this lipstick and the lip liner are so similar in texture, very creamy. They work incredibly good as a lip combo. The colors are similar (it turned out quite orangy on the second photo).

FYI - ALL THE PHOTOS WERE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT TO CAPTURE THE TRUE COLORS OF THE LIP PRODUCTS.



REAL TECHNIQUES - BUFFING BRUSH (shop here)

I love applying my foundation both with beauty blender and foundation brush. I was so into beauty blender since it came out. But recently I rediscovered my well loved buffing brush by Real Techniques. It came in their Core Collection with three other brushes but this one is my most favorite brush to use. In days when I want full coverage, I always grab this buffing brush and love how easy it's to use when I'm in a hurry. Even though now everyone knows about this brush and even celebrity makeup artists use on celebs why not give love and appreciate how amazing this brush is once again.

MAYBELLINE - BIG SHOT MASCARA  (shop here)

Before I jump into the review, I should WARN you guys that you need really good makeup remover for this killer mascara. Your typical Micellar cleansing water will not even go close to take this mascara off of your lashes. Trust me. I'm not even kidding.
This mascara gives so much volume and lenghts to the lashes. I have short asian lashes but I'm so obsessed with thick and long lashes. So finding a mascara that makes my lashes long enough to be noticed, thick enough to enhance my eyes is a big deal. Plus it has to be waterproof because my mascaras tend to smudge easily. This mascara has it all. Maybelline always make such good mascaras and among those, this is the one I will stick with for as long as I can.



Stay positive, Stay fabulous
xo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love the reasons you like them. Thanks for warning us with the good makeup remover! Sometimes bloggers focused on the product and forget to mention how to remove it. Really enjoyed reading your magazine like reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the night repair worked for you!! I think my skin is just too oily already, because this product really didn't work for me and I was so disappointed hahah! X

    ReplyDelete

© The Fabulous Twenty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig